If you’ve purchased or installed Auto-Tune Live within the past several years of this writing, it’s likely you have the last version of Auto-Tune Live 1.2.0 installed already.
But if you have project files that are saved with versions of Auto-Tune Live older than v1.2.0 (e.g. Auto-Tune Live 1.1.x or 1.0.x), you’ll first need to install the last version of Auto-Live v1.2.0 and save updated versions of your projects with v1.2.0 before installing Auto-Tune Artist.
If you have version 1.1.x or earlier versions of Auto-Tune Live installed (or are not sure), below is a step-by-step guide to migrate your session data to Auto-Tune Artist:
1. If you don’t know which version of Auto-Tune Live you currently have installed, before installing Auto-Tune Artist, startup your DAW and load a project file saved with instances of Auto-Tune Live.
2. Open an instance of Auto-Tune Live and click on the ‘Options’ button. You can view the plug-in format and version number near the bottom of the Options menu as shown below.
If you see “version 1.2.0” printed, then you’re done and can simply install Auto-Tune Artist.
But if the version number is “1.1.x” or “1.0.x”, follow the rest of the instructions below...
3. Close your project and quit your DAW.
4. Go to our Discontinued Software page and download the last version 1.2.0 of Auto-Tune Live in the format that’s compatible with your DAW. (If you’re not sure which plug-in format of Auto-Tune Live you already have installed, repeat steps 1 and 2 to view the format in the Options screen).
5. After the download completes, run the installer for Auto-Tune Live v1.2.0. You should receive an “installation successful” message after the installation’s complete.
6. Restart your DAW and open your project file that has saved instances of Auto-Tune Live. (At this point you can optionally open an instance of Auto-Tune Live and click on the “Options” button to confirm the installation was successful and that the printed version number is “1.2.0”).
7. Save your project file and close it. (Recommended tip: Perform "Save As..." to make a new copy of your project and retain a backup copy with only the original instances of Auto-Tune Live saved in it. See this article for more details about Auto-Tune Artist compatibility with Auto-Tune Live.)
8. Open and save any other project files that used Auto-Tune Live to save them with Auto-Tune Live 1.2.0.
9. Quit your DAW.
10. Download the latest version of Auto-Tune Artist from our Software Downloads page. Run the installer after the download completes and follow the included authorization instructions.
At this point you should now be able to open any of your project files saved with instances of Auto-Tune Live, and Auto-Tune Artist will successfully restore the original Auto-Tune Live settings.