In some cases Sonar Platinum is unable to scan Auto-Tune 8, and displays the following error message:
"Cakewalk VST Scan has stopped working"
If you see this message when scanning Auto-Tune 8, please set Sonar Platinum to open in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\SONAR Platinum
- Right click on the Sonar application (SONARPLT) and choose ‘Properties’
- In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
- Under ‘Compatibility Mode’, choose Windows 8 from the dropdown menu and check the box labelled ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for:’
- Click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.