Installation and Compatibility:
If your Antares plug-in is not showing up in GarageBand 10, please be sure that you have installed the 64-bit AU version of the plug-in.
If your license is for an older 32-bit version, you may need to first purchase an upgrade.
GarageBand 10 does not support 32-bit plugins.
Please note: No Antares plug-ins are officially compatible with GarageBand in Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra due to changes Apple has made to its security settings, which are beyond our control. (However, you may wish to consult a possible workaround here.)
Scanning for plug-ins
If you have installed a compatible 64-bit AU plugin, and that plug-in is not showing up in GarageBand 10, please do this:
1. Quit GarageBand if it's open
2. Click on your Desktop wallpaper to focus the Finder.
3. Click on Go in the menu bar, press and hold down the 'Option' key, and click on Library. This will take you to the User Library folder.
4. In the User Library folder, open the Caches folder and then the AudioUnitCache folder.
5. Move the com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache file to the Trash.
6. Go back to the User Library folder (repeat steps 2 and 3).
7. In the User Library folder, open the Preferences folder.
8. Move the com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist file to the Trash
9. Empty your trash and restart your computer.
The next time you open GarageBand, it will re-scan all of your installed AU plug-ins.